The Misanthrope Society
・Inclusive of: Lonely Foodie.
・This package includes 1 House Sake (below TWD 320) + 1 Kanto Noodles with Sous Vide Chicken Breast, Egg, Corns, Mizuna, Dried Seaweed & Pickle.
・No minimum consumption.
・Average consumption: TWD 500.
- 1 Free Shot (1 glass per order)
About The Misanthrope Society: At The Misanthrope Society, you can get that sense of community without the booze, as the bar is also a coffee shop and bookstore, offering psychology books, autobiographies and novels about dark episodes in people's lives. The anti-social theme of the bar belies its inclusiveness; the owner, who has suffered from severe depression, wanted to provide a space that was welcoming to others in need.
Signature Cuisine: All the dishes have a creative name in Chinese which relate to dark humor words.
Splendid Decoration: The bar itself is characterized by dark humor and dark decoration: black walls, a black menu, black plates. Even the fried chicken is black! After being marinated in traditional Taiwanese fermented bean curd, splashed with alcohol and set alight.
No.1-2, Ln. 40, Sec.4, Roosevelt Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City
( MRT ) Gongguan Station / 4 min walk ( MRT ) Taipower Building Station / 12 min walk ( Bus ) Water Museum ( Dormitory of Prince ) Station / 3 min walk ( Bus ) Taipower Building Station / 4 min walk ( Bus ) MRT Gongguan Station / 5 min walk
The Fine Print
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, please refer to on-site announcements for dine in or takeout options. Sorry in advance for any inconvenience.
- The last ordering time is 22:45 (meals).
- Additional purchase is not available on-site. Please complete all the booking process in advance and arrive on time.
- The merchant charges a 10% service fee for the on-site consumption.
- The corkage fee is TWD 500 per bottle of wine / beer.